Sunday 9 May 2010

Creative Writing Afternoon Saturday 8th May 2-5pm

We met at my house in Finchley for the Greenacre Writers Creative Writing Day. The theme was characterisation. We did four exercises which were very useful. The last was one was writing a diary entry as one of your characters. Ellie, my main character, who has psychogenic amnesia, wrote about the first night at her mother's house on the Isle of Wight, how she missed the hospital and felt lonely and frightened.



I was joined by fellow organiser Lindsay; and writing guests Lyn, Linda and Jan (unfortunately two others couldn't make it) . It was great meeting other writers and I especially enjoyed the cakes. It was a very enjoyable afternoon and I came away knowing more about my character and itching to write more.

No comments: